Traffic Driving Promotions, Coupons, and QR Codes.
Having your web site being mobile optimized is critical for your customer engagement and your customer acquisition strategy. With your mobile web site optimized, it is the epicenter of your online marketing platform. It comes as no surprise to anyone that 90% of cell or smartphone owners have their device with them 24/7. It is the best and most efficient method of reaching your current and prospective customers.
It can be for a brief survey, alerts, promotion reminders, one time offers, contests, and coupons. In fact, it has been found that there is a 10 times greater redemption for mobile coupons than traditional coupons. QR codes are exploding in their usage. One key element of using QR codes is to make sure that it is directed to a mobile optimized web site or else it may do more harm than good for marketing your product or service. QR codes are being placed on many various point of sale pieces from flyers, posters, business cards, and counter cards. It is an effective method of customer engagement and allows business to quickly deliver its message and offers to their customers.
It is expected that mobile search will overtake desktop searches this year, 2014. When a user conducts his mobile search, there is a 70% chance that he will call or visit the business of his search. Mobile search users are ready to take action and that business can be lost if the web site is not optimized for mobile. They will likely continue their search until they find the site that is mobile friendly.
Here are some key statistics and marketing research when it comes to the rapid growth of mobile:
- Mobile search will generate 27.8 billion more queries than desktop search by 2016 (Source: BIA/Kelsey report, 2012)
- eMarketer estimates that there will be 115.8 million smartphone users in the US by the end of 2012, with that number growing to 176.3 million by 2015 (Source: eMarketer, 2012)
- 47% of smartphone owners rely on smartphones to find out more information about a product and 36% use their phones to read product reviews on retail websites (Source: Leo J. Shapiro and Associates, 2012)
- Nearly two of three shoppers use at least one device to research and purchase while shopping, and 28% use two devices at a time. More than one in three shoppers made at least one purchase with their mobile devices during the past six months, and tablet shoppers have an even higher propensity to make a purchase on the device, with one in four having purchased six times or more in the past six months (Source: Local and the e-tailing group, 2012)
- 62% of shoppers search for deals digitally for at least half of their shopping trips (Source:GMA/Booz & Company Shopper Survey)
- 55 percent of consumers express an interest in mobile coupons but only 10 percent have actually received one from a merchant (Source:Mercator Advisory Group, 2012)
- 66% of Americans ages 24-35 own a smartphone (Source: Nielsen, 2012)
- 21 percent of consumers search for a coupon on their mobile device while in a store (Source:Mobile Audience Insights Report from JiWire, 2012)
- 80 percent of mobile users prefer locally relevant advertising and 75 percent are more likely to take an action after seeing a location-specific message (Source: Mobile Audience Insights Report from JiWire, 2012)
- 52% of adult cell phone owners use their devices while in a store to get help with purchasing decisions (Source: Pew American & Internet Life Project, 2012)
- Sixty-five percent of mobile users said they used their mobile device to find a business to make an in-store purchase (Source: Google, 2011)